Trending... with Washi Tape, Sequins, and the Color Gray

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Edited: June 5 - This weeks One-Layer Wednesday is on Susan's blog.  It's a cute one!

Welcome to another post in my Washi Tape Series!  Today I wanted to share with you a card I put together with many of the supplies I've had on my work table for the past week, however this card has key elements that are "trending now" (washi tape, sequins, twine, and the color gray).


I think we can all agree, some trends aren't worth the bother (mustaches), but then there are others that just seem fun and sparkly (sequins); Trends that you want to try. You can see where I'm going with this, right?  After seeing sequins all over blogland for several weeks, I decided I had to give them a try.  Love them!  They add that touch of bling and sparkle to any project, and come in a rainbow of colors.  Even better, they're inexpensive.  Yeah!

Washi Tape still seems to be a growing trend . Whether you shop for your supplies at Archives, Michaels, Hobby Lobby, online, or at your locally owned, brick and mortar store, you can find Washi Tape in so many colors, patterns, and widths.  It's really hard to resist picking up a few (several) rolls.

Twine, on the other hand has become a staple in our embellishment stash.  It has far surpassed the "trend status" in my mind.  I just love all the luscious colors that Twine comes in.  You can find mandarin, lemon drop, pink sorbet, orchid, honeydew, butter cream, strawberry, and so many other colors  on Etsy.  Of course, the basic Twine colors can be found at all of your craft/hobby, and scrapbook stores too.

Gray, my last trending feature is an intermediate color between black and white.  Some say "gray is the new black".  I find I'm using gray more and more.  At times, black is too bold or strong for a project, whereas gray can be that soft, subtle color that blends so well. Have you tried gray lately?

Finally, I feel trends are fun to incorporate into your projects as long as they fit your style and flair.  Oh, and your budget too. I so dislike that word "budget".  It's too restrictive!

I would love to hear your thoughts on these "trending" elements, and hope you'll stop back by for  more on my Washi Tape Series.


Supplies:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink- Sentiment  Paper: Stampin' Up- Whisper White  Ink: Memento-Gray Flannel  Accessories: Washi Tape, Twine, Sequins, Bling, Brad, and a Paper Flower.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! LOVE pink and gray. :) I'm learning to use washi tape but I only have a few RAK rolls. I just ordered a big variety of sequins for a very economical price. Can't wait to try them. I like the color of gray. I have three shades but since two of the pads are old and drying up, I am looking for some new gray tones. The pad I have that is okay is a dark gray by Stazon and I sometimes use it to stamp a "softer than black" image on my card. I look forward to your next post. TFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gabby, Thanks for commenting on my post this morning. I thought I would share with you my favorite gray ink pad since you mentioned you were in the market for new gray's. I love Memento's Gray Flannel, in fact I used it on the card I posted.

      Thanks again for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Simply pretty card. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous CAS card. I have some washi tape, 4 rolls, I have not used that, so we will not buy any more till I do :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute. I love the washi tape-great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this card. i'm late to the washi trend, but it is growning on me. I love sequins but am passing on buying any. I'm afraid I'll collect 7000 and then be stuck when no longer trendy. (Although I found some in the house and can use those....)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs