More Washi Tape Fun and a Mini Tutorial

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Before I get to today's post, please note this week's One-Layer Wednesday host is Ardyth.  She has a great challenge for us! I hope you'll check it out.

Okay, now for more Washi Tape Fun.  This month the focuses of my posts are "all things Washi Tape". Today I have some envelopes to share with you.  We decorate the inside of our cards.  Why not decorate our envelopes?   It's fun and easy, and a great way to justify that stash (of Washi Tape, I mean).  Also, it's another way to carry out the theme of your card.


  Here is a mini tutorial for mitering the corners of your Washi Tape (see the green stripe tape above). 


First, cut two pieces of Washi Tape and lay them on your work table creating an "L" shape. 


Next, lift up the connected corner and cut at a diagonal (starting at the bottom right corner and cutting up to the top left corner).


Then, pull the two pieces of tape apart and place.

 
Here is the end result. 

I hope you'll find this helpful.  Please, feel free to email me with any questions.  Also, look for more Washi Tape posts later this week.  I have more ideas to use your Washi Tape collection.

Supplies:

Stamps: (Sentiments) Papertrey Ink, A Muse (Retired), and My Favorite Things
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black and Lady Bug
Paper: A4 Envelopes - Stampin' Up  White
Accessories: Stamp-a-ma-Jig


8 comments:

  1. Thanks - this is really simple, but I would have never figured this out myself.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great look. Thanks for the "how-to".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice eps! usually I stamp on mine but I also have attached paper borders or die cuts. My washi tape doesn't stick good enough for me to trust that it will stay on the envelope all the way to the destination. BUT mine is an RAK from a fellow paper crafter who had "weeded out" her stash and sent me some rolls she no longer wanted. Maybe because it's been around a while, it doesn't stick as good as "new" or "fresh." Regardless, your ideas and samples are FAB! TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tutorial Cheryl! I have yet to try the Washi tape, but hopefully soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice, easy-to-follow tutorial. Such great washi tapes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great tutorial, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What what a great tutorial! I love washi and need to use it more often!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great tutorial. thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs