One Layer Wednesday (OLW102) Favorite Subject!

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

This weeks one-layer theme comes to us from the very talented Ardyth.  It's her first time hosting the One-Layer Wednesday Challenge.  Thanks, Ardyth!

Our challenge this week is to make a one-layer card inspired by your favorite subject in school. Favorite subject; I didn't have one! I've struggled all week to come up with something for this challenge.  Not playing really wasn’t an option. 

So here’s what I came up with.  Not a favorite subject, but a special memory!

Okay, don't laugh, but by my senior year in high school I became really good at writing and passing notes to my best friend (Debbie), without getting caught! Oh, the things we remember!

Thank goodness my two girls (both in high school this year) don't read my blog, because if they did, I know this would come back to haunt me.

I created this card from Vintage Notes (Gina K. Designs), and added some distressing to the edges. I wanted to expand on the "vintage" feel, as it's been years since I was in high school! To add the paperclip, I made a small slit in the card.

Other Supplies:

Paper: Papertrey Ink
Ink: Papertrey Ink - Pure Poppy & Chai   ImPrintz - White Pigment   Memento - Gray Flannel (my new favorite color)
Accessories: Ribbon, paperclip, clear embossing powder & heating tool

8 comments:

  1. Funny memory...great card! Love the vintage-y feel to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cute! I laughed when I read you were glad your girls don't read your blog.

    Hugs,

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep! Passed many a note in school also! Great idea with the paperclip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This (and your story) is fun! Those are the great memories! Thanks for playing along with my first OLW challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a fun card and your story made me smile..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card Cheryl and I wasn't as lucky as you in high school :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs